We all know that coming back to the mid-west can be both positive and negative. There are so many things I love and hate about the Mitten State and leaving for a while always magnifies those feelings. I asked Jason Stollsteimer from the Hounds Below to tell me the five things he missed most while on tour and the five things that he's not looking forward to coming back to. His witty answers reminded us how happy we are to have him home.
Come out to the show this Saturday and say "hello". George Morris & The Gypsy Chorus will be opening the show. Doors are at 8 p.m. and it's only $8 to get in.
Jason Stollsteimer - The Hounds Below
5 things I miss about Michigan while on tour:
1. The snow
2. My friends and family
3. My weekly rotation of Ferndale restaurants (Anita's Kitchen, The Emory, Imperial and Mae's)
4. All the great Michigan bands
5. Thursday night Scrummage Karaoke at the New Dodge
5 things I miss about tour when in Michigan
1. Not having snow in December/January/February/March/ETC (I'm confused about what I like)
2. Driving across the US/Canada with my brothers in arms (Adam Michael Lee Padden + Will A. Shattuck)
3. In-N-Out Burger
4. Hanging out with all the people we meet on the road
5. The constant adventure of living on the road