This Sunday, May 18th is their biggest event of the year, Flower Day. The annual event features over 15 acres of the highest quality annuals, perennials, foliage, shrubbery, trees, exotics, tropical plants, flats, and hanging baskets.
The Eastern Market is located at 2934 Russell St. in Detroit. The Market released some tips for first time shoppers. Check them out below and make plans to stop by and get some beautiful new plants this weekend.
Helpful Hints for your visit:
1) There is plenty of free parking available throughout Eastern Market. The map in the Metro Times easily directs you in and out of the market.
2) Know ahead of time how much area you have to plant and whether you need sun or shade plants to achieve your goal.
3) Ask your Flower Grower Questions! They grew the flowers for you and they know what you need to do to take care of them and keep them blooming.
4) Enjoy the wide variety of restaurants, stores and food. Your belly will thank you for caring.
5) Bring a wagon, to help transport your products.
6) Don't rush ... Take your time and smell the roses, marigolds, jasmine, herbs, etc. Enjoy the music and the people.