Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Get Hip to The Old Adage

Some siblings can't be in the same room and others like Nino and Mimi Chavez aka The Old Adage, are fine with sharing everything, even an interview. This duo also creates some really solid tracks together and somehow they manage to make new music videos for a lot of their songs. They are the kind of artists that always have something cool going on, so we decided that it was time to check in and see what was new with the band. They shared a new video with us for the remix of their song "Hollywood" and told us a little but about what they have been up to this winter. Check out what they had to say and give their latest video a watch below! 

HID- The Old Adage makes a lot of music videos. How do you come up with all of the ideas and find the budget to make them?
Nino- "When we want to shoot a music video we generally try to brainstorm ideas between the two of us about what we think would look good and be fitting for the vibe of the song. Then, we usually look for someone that we think can pull it off and that we can afford. Usually, it's a friend. Regarding the budget we both generally put money aside from our own monthly budgets to make them and we split everything down the middle."

HID- Have you been writing or recording any new music lately?
Mimi- "Yes! We are always writing and recording. In fact, we have tons of music back lined, we never stop."

HID- Do you have any big Spring or Summer shows booked already? What are you looking forward to doing this summer?

Nino- "For the summer we're planning on playing out a lot more.  I'm excited cause we're gonna be playing a bunch of new music we haven't done live yet and we're gonna be releasing new music every month this year! That will stay consistent throughout the summer too."

HID- How did you pass the time this winter? 
Mimi- "We spent a lot of time in the studio and planning for our releases. Although it always is a little quieter during the winter season because we are spending a lot more time with family’s for the holidays and what not."

HID- What's been inspiring you lately?
Mimi- "People and my health. I’ve been trying to focus on being more health conscious and making healthy decisions with my life because everything we do comes with repercussion.  I have just been trying to live a little better and people around me have been very inspiring.

Iv'e always felt like people have high expectations of me and I don’t want to let people down. I know what we are capable of and I feel it necessary that we grab a hold of it. I’ve also been getting a lot of positive feedback and good vibes from people from doing my music and being myself and that in itself helps me continue and feel like I’m doing something right."

HID- What are you listening to?

Nino- "I listen to everything pop. I love it. EDM and hip hop too. That's about 90% of what my Spotify consists of. The other 10% is miscellaneous AF. But, I would say favorite artists at the moment? Galantis, Marshmello, and Major Lazer"

HID- Sleep in or up early?
Mimi- "I’m usually on a routine. I’m always up at a certain time, unless it’s Sunday. Probably the only day I actually “sleep in” now.  Right now, things are fucky because I'm working midnight's but I’m up at 4 pm and I’ll be up til 10 am everyday. I’ve always been a good sleeper. When I was younger my mom use to call me “Sleeping Booty” because I have always slept in.  Same thing during high school. If I didn’t have anything to do best believe I was in bed til 3 pm...but nowadays it seems like there’s always something I have to do. Lol. So, I aim for a good 6-8 hours."

HID- Anything else you would like our readers to know?

Mimi- "You is kind. You is smart. You is important."


No comments:

Post a Comment